As unique as the individuals these feathers fell off of!
$18.00 – $30.00
• Original designs made from found feathers that fell off birds who are no longer exploited, and are living their best lives in sanctuary. Feathers are combined with other elements that help tell a story.
• Depending on the design, these necklaces may include handmade beads, pewter charms, semi-precious stones, hypo-allergenic components and repurposed materials. Handmade beads often include thought-provoking messages such as “Birds of a Feather,” “Freedom Feather,” “Different” & “Equal.” (see photo gallery).
• What you see is what you get. I will send you the item shown in the photo(s).
•. If a piece has sold, it will not be available in the pulldown menu. Feel free to contact me for something similar.
• Please email or DM me with questions or requests.
• 20% of “Freedom Feather” necklace sales are donated to Heartland Farm Sanctuary as part of my Celebration Collection, which celebrates beautiful animals who now live their lives free from exploitation. See my Links page to learn more about how animals are exploited.
• All sales final for jewelry and accessories. Please contact me with any questions prior to ordering.
• © 2022 Dirty Snouts. All rights reserved.
NOTE: Colors may vary a little bit from what you see here, as all monitors and screens are different.
When I see feathers on the ground at Heartland Farm Sanctuary, I smile knowing that they fell off birds who are now living their best lives.
You see, chickens and turkeys are among the most exploited beings on the planet, unable to exhibit their natural behaviors and bred to grow at painfully alarming rates before being unnecessarily killed for their eggs and “food.” Other feathered individuals are born and raised in confinement and their feathers are yanked out to stuff and decorate our pillows, coats and accessories. Think about that for a minute. I can’t imagine the pain these sentient beings are forced to endure.
I hope these “freedom feathers” necklaces help you engage in conversations and act as an ambassador for our fluffy friends who are #someoneNOTsomething.
Please handle your necklace with care, as the feather is fragile. And while birds are waterproof, this necklace is not.