The colors of nature unknown to farmed animals are dominant in this ongoing series.
Sadly, these innocent beings get their first glimpses of the world that they never exerienced through the tiny holes of transport trucks taking them to be slaughtered, long before they would die naturally.
Animals deserve to see the colors of the natural world on a daily basis. Each species has its own inherent biological behaviors that the animal ag industry prevents them from exhibiting. Farmed animals live their entire lives confined in excrement-filled, eye-burning, ridiculously over-crowded warehouses where abuse is the norm.
Pigs need to root and explore their surroundings with their snouts, rather than literally go crazy from stress and incarceration. Chickens deserve more room while alive than dead in the oven and have the ability to spread their wings and dustbathe. The list goes on.
Unfortunately, even free-range and backyard operations support the system of using and abusing living beings. These animals are first betrayed by their trusted owners, who send them off to slaughter. Lack of governmental protection abandons them further, when all they ever wanted from us in the first place is to simply live in peace.
I encourage you to do what you can to make a difference for these misunderstood souls. Like my other work, at least 10% of every sale is donated to farm animal sanctuaries who provide loving homes, medical care and respect for creatures with whom we share this planet.
Handmade original designs. If you like one of these pieces, order it now. DM me if it has sold and you’d like me to make more.
My collection of one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces includes hypo-allergenic components, pewter charms, handmade beads, and repurposed materials like bottle caps and glass. Some pieces also contain semi-precious stones and gems. In many cases, I only have one one of something and can’t recreate it.
• Handcrafted by me with love in Madison, Wisconsin
• Necklaces come on chains shown (DM or email if interested in swapping one out)
• I make or purchase my materials from local and USA-made manufacturers as much as possible. I also love to recycle and reuse parts, rather than contribute to buying more stuff!
• What you see is what you get. I will send you the item shown in the photo(s). Please email or DM me with any questions or custom requests.
• © 2020 Dirty Snouts. All rights reserved.
• Ten percent of all direct sales are donated to farm animal sanctuaries. See the Animal Friends page for current sanctuary recipient(s).
• All sales final for jewelry and accessories. Please contact me with any questions prior to ordering.
$15.00 – $18.00
This handmade piece is water resistent, not waterproof. Showering, swimming and extended periods of heavy sweating in them should be avoided. Keep it away from chemicals, soaps, salt water, etc. as these can affect the finish.