$26.00 – $39.00
• Design on the front. Dirty Snouts logo on the sleeve of tees and hoodies and on back of cropped fleece sweatshirts.
• Adult (unisex), women’s cut and youth sizes. Tees, cropped fleece sweatshirts and hoodies (new!)
• See the the tabs below and t-shirt sizing guide in the photo gallery for more detailed info about fit and shirt content.
• Eco-friendly, printed by hand with water-based inks in Wisconsin. Shirts ethically produced in WRAP certified (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production), sweatshop and child labor free factories.
• A minimum of ten percent of all sales is donated to farm animal sanctuaries. See the Animal Friends page http://dirtysnouts.com/our-animal-friends-farm-sanctuaries/for current sanctuary recipient(s).
• Size exchanges only. Please contact me prior to ordering with any questions.
• © Copyright Dirty Snouts. All rights reserved.
NOTE: Shirt and ink colors may vary a little bit from what you see here, as all monitors and screens are different.
After spending time with farmed animals, I saw first hand how much they resemble our beloved 4-legged family members. I regularly hang out with chickens, pigs and other beings that are eaten by humans, including a piglet who fell (or jumped) off a transport truck and saved his life by doing so. I had no idea how individualistic these animals were. In fact, I really handn’t given them much thought at all.
Now I know that all of these animals are sentient. They feel pain, they care about their friends and their families, and they have personal preferences. Many of them possess self-awareness. When you stop and think about it, this really isn’t surprising.
One of my favorite activities is spending time with turkeys, who were saved from slaughter back in 2014. You should hear them react when I read Dr. Seuss aloud! ITo see these ladies in action, check out my YouTube channel and my Instagram account (@dirty.snouts).
To learn more about carnism and how we have been conditioned to regard different animals in different ways, I highly recommend the book, Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs and Wear Cows, by Melanie Joy, PhD.
TEES: Select the Adult Unisex option if you’re going for a standard t-shirt style. These Bella + Canvas 4.2 oz. shirts are perfect for most sizes and shapes. Want a more fitted look?
Select the Women’s Cut. These are Bella + Canvas’ 4.2 oz. “Favorite Tee,” with a longer body, in addition to being more slender and feminine than the Adult Unisex and Youth options. I think they run VERY small, so I suggest you order 1 or 2 sizes up.
If you’re shopping for a kid or small adult, the Youth shirts are the way to go.
WOMEN’S CROPPED FLEECE: Fun boxy cropped cut, with dropped shoulders, raw hemmed bottom edge and extra long sleeves. Body length: S – 18 ½ M: 19 ¼ L: 20 ½ Body width: S: 21 ⅜ M: 22 ¾ L: 25 ½
HOODIES: Jersey lined hoods with drawcords in adults’ sizes. No drawcord/tie in kids’ hoodies.
Adult shirts are by Bella + Canvas and 4.2 oz. All are W.R.A.P. (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) certified and do not use sweatshops. Solid colors are 100% combed and ringspun cotton. Heather colors are 52/48 airlume combed and ringspun cotton/polyester.
Youth and Toddler tees and onesies are 4.5 oz. and made by LAT. All are ethically produced in W.R.A.P. certified (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production), sweatshop- and child-labor free factories.
All sweatshirts are ethically produced in W.R.A.P. certified (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production), sweatshop- and child-labor free factories.
Content: Solid colored tees are 100% combed ringspun cotton. Hoodies and heather tees are a combination of cotton and poly.
For best results, machine wash shirts inside out with like colors in cold water. Hang dry for the most eco-friendly option or tumble dry on low heat. Do not iron printed areas.