SOLD – contact me if you’d like something similar.
• Handcrafted by me with love in Madison, Wisconsin
• Necklaces come on chains shown (DM or email if interested in swapping one out)
• Green beans with repurposed bottle cap art containing “BEANS NOT BACON” message
• I make or purchase my materials from local and USA-made manufacturers as much as possible. I also love to recycle and reuse parts, rather than contribute to buying more stuff!
• What you see is what you get. I will send you the item shown in the photo(s). Please email or DM me with any questions or custom requests.
• © 2021 Dirty Snouts. All rights reserved.
• Ten percent of all direct sales are donated to farm animal sanctuaries. See the Animal Friends page for current sanctuary recipient(s).
• All sales final for jewelry and accessories. Please contact me with any questions prior to ordering.
• Click on the tabs below for more information.
NOTE: Colors may vary a little bit from what you see here, as all monitors and screens are different.
Broccoli not bacon for so many reasons. The first of which is to eliminate the demand for the millions of pigs killed for pork each year. Five days a week, more than 10,000 individual piglets are slaughtered at just ONE of JBS Swift and Company’s six U.S. pork processing facilities. I have been there. The stench and squeals, detectible from across the street were horrific. After getting a closer look, I was able to see hundreds of pigs in a holding area. The next day, these sentient beings were gassed and had their throats slit while they helplessly hung upside down. Soon after, their flesh and body parts were neatly packaged and dispersed to grocery stores. For most of the pigs, the crowded and hot trip to JBS was their first — and last — chance to ever experience the outdoors in any way. Most spent lives of confinement and torture, including the docking (cutting off) of their tails, clipping of their teeth and castration without anesthetic. Sadly, these are typical industry practices. “Humanely” raised pigs are also subjected to most of these agonizing procedures. Prior to arriving at the slaughterhouse, the approximately 6 month old pigs were transported, often for over 28 hours or more with no food or water, sometimes in extreme heat (or cold in the winter) because current laws do not adequately protect them during transport. Heat exhaustion, dehydration and frostbite are not uncommon. The unfamiliar surroundings, overcrowding in trucks, withholding of food and water in addition to extreme weather is not only stressful, but downright abusive.
From a health standpoint, bacon and other processed meats have been linked to cancer, heart disease and diabetes.
Broccoli, on the other hand, is an anti-inflammatory powerhouse. According to Verywell Fit, broccoli is low calorie and “an excellent source of immune-boosting vitamin C, providing over 81mg, or about 135% of your daily needs. It is also an excellent source of vitamin K, important in bone health and wound healing. You’ll consume 116% of your daily recommended intake in a one-cup serving of broccoli. It’s also a very good source of the B vitamin folate, and a good source of vitamin A, manganese, potassium, and other B vitamins.”
My collection of one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces includes hypo-allergenic components, pewter charms, handmade beads, and repurposed materials like bottle caps and glass. Some pieces also contain semi-precious stones and gems. In many cases, I only have one one of something and can’t recreate it. However, if you like it and want something similar, please email of DM me.
Like my other work, at least 10% of every sale is donated to farm animal sanctuaries who provide loving homes, medical care and respect for creatures with whom we share this planet.
This particular piece has been sold. But I’m happy to make more of them. Just send me an email and let me know if you’re intertested in one.
This handmade piece is water resistent, not waterproof. Showering, swimming and extended periods of heavy sweating in them should be avoided. Keep it away from chemicals, soaps, salt water, etc. as these can affect the finish.